Preprocessing Sentinel-2 with SNAP
Reading a Sentinel-2 tile
- Download a complete Sentinel-2 tile from ESA Open Access Hub (see Downloading Sentinel-2 images).
- Start SNAP Desktop
- File --> Open Product... Browse to the compressed Sentinel-2 zip file. or drag and drop the zip file from Windows File Explorer into the SNAP Product Explorer tab.
- Click on the plus sign of the file name in Product Explorer. Unfold Metadata and Bands.
Displaying a Sentinel-2 tile
- Mark the file name in the Product Explorer. Right click . In the Profile drop-down list select Sentinel 2 MSI False Colour Infrared.
The spatial resolution of all satellite bands should be resampled to a unique pixel size (10m) to simplify the processing workflow. Raster --> Geometric --> Resampling. Open the Resampling Parameters tab. Define size of resampled product: check by reference band from source product. Select B2 from drop down list. .
- Mark the file name of the resampled product from previous work step in Product Explorer.
- Raster --> Subset..
- Left click in the preview of the Specify product subset dialog.
- In the Spatial Subset tab draw a box on top of the preview image and move it to your region of interest.
- Make a note of Pixel Coordinates and (Geographical)' Geo Coordinates if you want to repeat this step with other acquisiton dates of the same tile.
- In Band Subset tab click Select none and then check only the multispectral Reflectance Bands (B2,B3,B4,B5,B6,B7,B8,B8A,B11,B12). .
Write to permanent file
Mark the subset file name in Product Explorer. File --> Export --> GeoTIFF. Click .